Installing Mud Flaps
Perform the following to install the mud flap:
- Clean the installation area with alcohol and allow to fully dry before installation.
- Turn the steering wheel fully to the left to provide access to the working area.
- Carefully use a push clip removal tool or flathead screwdriver to remove the lower push clips (x2) that secure the front wheel arch liner. Discard the push clips.CAUTIONDiscard the existing push clips. Do not use the existing push clips to install the Mud Flap Kit.
- Maneuver the mud flap in place so that the tabs on the mud flap hook onto the backside of the front fender garnish. Make sure that the mud flap is aligned correctly with the holes in the front wheel arch liner and body of the vehicle.
- Install the opened (plastic rivet pulled out) new push clip into the inboard hole, and then push the plastic rivet in to close the push clip.NoteMake sure to install the inboard push clip first.
- Install the opened (plastic rivet pulled out) new push clip into the outboard hole, and then push the plastic rivet in to close the push clip.
- Perform this procedure again on the right side of the vehicle to install the right mud flap.NoteThis procedure and illustrations detailed how to install the left mud flap. Instructions for the right side are mirrored.