Installing Paint Protection Film Kit
Perform the following to install the Paint Protection Film Kit:
- Clean the installation area with automotive soap and water, and then dry with a clean microfiber towel. Make sure all dirt, grease, etc. is removed.
- Create a slip solution by mixing approximately 15% baby shampoo and 85% water in a spray bottle or suitable container. Shake the container to make sure the solution is thoroughly mixed.
- Apply liberal amounts of the slip solution to the installation area and front side of the LH film.
- Release the LH film from the backing, applying slip solution to the back side as it is released.CAUTIONThe LH and RH film pieces are not interchangeable; the sticky backing should be applied to the paint of the car and follow the contour of the body.
- Adhere the LH film to the rear door,
aligning the bottom of the film with the bottom of the door and the right side of
the film with the end of the door.NoteApply slip solution as necessary to maneuver the film so that it is aligned with the contours of the door and the entire film is adhered to the paint.CAUTIONDo not allow any portion of the film to hang off the edge of the vehicle.
- Once the film is correctly positioned, use the squeegee to remove any air bubbles between the film and paint.
- Perform steps 3-6 for the RH side of the vehicle.