Removing and Installing Lug Nut Covers
If your Model Y is equipped with lug nut covers, you must remove them to access the lug nuts.
To remove a lug nut cover:
- Place the curved part of the lug nut
cover tool (located in the glovebox for some vehicles, or you can use a small allen
wrench) into the lowered perimeter around the middle of the lug nut cover. NoteThe lug nut cover tool can also be purchased at an auto parts store or through online retailers.
- Twist the lug nut cover tool so that the end of the curved part is facing away from the Tesla "T".
- Firmly pull the lug nut tool away from the wheel until the lug nut cover is released.
To install the lug nut cover:
- Align the lug nut cover into position.
- Push firmly on the lug nut cover
until it fully snaps into place.CAUTIONMake sure the lug nut cover is fully secure before driving to prevent it from falling off.