Pairing a Bluetooth Device
Pairing allows you to use your Bluetooth-capable phone to make and receive phone calls, access your contact list, recent calls, etc. It also allows you to play media files from your phone. Once a phone is paired, Model Y can connect to it whenever the phone is within range.
To pair a phone, follow these steps while sitting inside Model Y:
- Ensure both the touchscreen and the phone are powered on.
- On your phone, enable Bluetooth and ensure
it is discoverable.NoteOn some phones, this may require you to go to Bluetooth Settings for the remainder of the procedure.
- Touch the Bluetooth icon on the top of the touchscreen.
- On the touchscreen, touch . The touchscreen displays a list of all available Bluetooth devices within operating distance.
- On the touchscreen, touch the phone with which you want to pair. Within a few seconds, the touchscreen displays a randomly generated number, and your phone should display the same number.
- Check that the number displayed on your phone matches the number displayed on the touchscreen. Then, on your phone, confirm that you want to pair.
- If prompted on your phone, specify whether you want to allow Model Y to access your contacts and media files.
When paired, Model Y automatically connects to the phone, and the touchscreen displays the Bluetooth symbol next to the phone’s name to indicate that the connection is active.
At any time, you can display the Bluetooth settings screen to change settings associated with a connected device. For example, you can designate a connected phone as the Priority Device. This is useful in situations where you have connected more than one phone, and both phones are frequently used in Model Y at the same time. Model Y automatically attempts to connect to the priority device before others.