Removing and Installing Aero Covers
If your Model Y is equipped with aero covers, you must remove them to access the lug nuts.
To remove an aero cover:
- Grasp the aero cover firmly with both hands.
- Pull the aero cover toward you to release the retaining clips.
To install an aero cover:
- Align the aero cover with the valve stem.
- Firmly press the center of the cover to secure it in place, then work your way out to firmly pressing the outer perimeter of each spoke. You may need to hold onto the opposite side of the cover until all spokes are secured.
- Firmly press the center of the cap with your hands (do not hit the cover with your hands) to ensure it is secured.
- As a final check, quickly pull each spoke to confirm they are secured in place.
To prevent the aero cover from falling off, ensure that it is fully secured before driving.