Checking and Adjusting Tire Pressures
Follow these steps when tires are cold and Model Y has been stationary for over three hours:
- Refer to the Tire and Loading Information label located on the driver’s center door pillar for the target tire pressure.
- Remove the valve cap.
- Firmly press an accurate tire pressure gauge onto the valve to measure pressure.
- If required, add or remove air to
reach the recommended pressure.NoteYou can release air by pressing the metal stem in the center of the valve.
- Re-check pressure using the accurate tire gauge.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 as necessary until the tire pressure is correct.
- Reinstall the valve cap to prevent dirt from entering. Periodically check the valve for damage and leaks.