Vehicle Service Intervals
Your vehicle should generally be serviced on an as-needed basis. However, Tesla recommends the following maintenance items and intervals, as applicable to your vehicle, to ensure continued reliability and efficiency of your Model 3.
- Brake fluid health check every 2 years (replace if necessary).
- A/C desiccant bag replacement every 6 years.
- Cabin air filter replacement every 2 years.
- Clean and lubricate brake calipers every year or 12,500 miles (20,000 km) if in an area where roads are salted during winter
- Rotate tires every 6,250 miles (10,000 km) or if tread depth difference is 2/32 in (1.5 mm) or greater, whichever comes first
Perform each procedure in this guide in a dry and well-lit area. For your safety, only perform a procedure if you feel comfortable doing so, and always follow all provided instructions.
Any damage caused by opening the Battery coolant reservoir is excluded from the warranty.
The above intervals are based on typical driving behaviors and scenarios. However, Model 3 should generally be serviced on an as-needed basis; depending on various circumstances such as driving behavior, usage, environmental conditions, etc., the above maintenance items may need to be replaced more or less frequently than specified. Additionally, the above list should not be considered comprehensive and does not include consumable parts such as windshield wipers, brake pads, low voltage lead-acid battery (if applicable), etc.
Damages or failures caused by maintenance or repairs performed by non-Tesla certified technicians are not covered by the warranty.